July 13 2020 @17:00 – 19:00
THE NO-LIMITS ENTERPRISE. SELF MANAGEMENT FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE.
From his early years as a finance controller in Morning Star, self-management pioneer Doug Kirkpatrick learned two near-universal truths about the working world and employees:
- People work best when they are happy and passionate about their work
- They produce and innovate on their highest levels when they are not coerced at work, but simply expected to keep the commitments they freely make to their colleagues and their organization.
His question thus became: “What if people were not coerced at work, but simply expected to keep the commitments they freely make to their colleagues and their organization?”.
In this digital session, Doug offered a pragmatic, actionable journey toward becoming a 21st century enterprise with limitless power for growth by:
- Managing great complexity with simplicity
- Breaking bureaucracy to open-up a better future of the workplace
- Getting rid of “managing” others in the workplace as an obsolete and, ultimately, self-defeating approach
- Creating sustainable and scalable business advantage
- Future-proofing the organization for an uncertain and unpredictable market
- Engaging the rising generation
- Unleashing agility, innovation and leadership everywhere
Thanks to the support offered by Pierpaolo Barresi, the main concepts, insights and discussions emerged during the event have been also summarized in the diagram below: